POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About PovRay 4 : Re: About PovRay 4 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About PovRay 4
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 17 Dec 2003 17:01:36
Message: <3fe0d240@news.povray.org>
"GreyBeard" <r.b### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote in message
> Just my nickles worth, but having bought another program, Poser 5, and
> finding that it was rushed to meet a timetable, complete with fatal bugs
and
> a poorly thought out interface, take all the time you need for the next
POV.
> Timetable shouldn't mean anything and there is no excuse for releasing
> something as bad as poser was, before the 57 megs of patches to make it
> work.  (And it's still unstable)

Luckily, I bought Poser 5 recently, and so far it hasn't disappointed me,
possibly because it's already all patched-up.  I had just as many problems
with Poser 4.  But I haven't used it extensively.

I think the big difference with time-tables is just that in the business
world, delaying the release can cost a company dearly.  As someone who
writes software for a living, and having had to push back a lot of dates,
it's never a pleasant experience to explain to management "why".  And here I
am posting to the newsgroup...  (shhhh)

--
Jeremy